Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Margaritas & Other Good Stuff


Well, before the day gets any further gone, I've got to wish you all a Feliz Cinco de Mayo!!  I believe that in honor of the occasion, I just may have to treat myself to some TexMex and a Margarita (or two).  Of course, I've never really needed the 5th of May to trigger my taste for either of those, but it's a muy bueno excuse in my book :-)

Meanwhile, I've kind of been neglecting this new blog of mine . . . just so much stuff going on right now & I can't keep up!  Yet again this weekend, I'm abandoning Dave and the dogs to head out for another play date.  This time, I'm bound for Arkansas (along with Amanda, Bill, Lara, and a whole slew of Meuxes) to take part in a round of celebrations honoring John at his alma mater, Henderson State University.

Also this weekend, Marek is being christened . . . you don't have any idea how I hate to miss that - just as a hint, it's almost as much as I hated missing his FIRST birthday last week. ARGH!!

And speaking of birthdays . . . this weekend is another BIG one in our family - our beautiful Amie will be THIRTY YEARS OLD on Saturday!   Where do the years go?  I vividly remember the day you were born, Amie, and it's almost impossible to believe that so many years have come and gone since then.

Last, but not least, we all know that Sunday is Mother's Day.  I'm so grateful that I've been fortunate to BE a mom and thankful every day that God chose to bless me with such AWESOME children as Bill & Amanda (and Lara!)  It's always a little bittersweet for me since Momma isn't here any more . . .  but I can't dwell on that too much, because I have so many other incredible moms in my life (you know who you are).   And since I haven't had time to make any cards this year, I'll just have to use this post to wish each and every one of you a FANTASTIC day!

Who knows? I might even decide to have a Margarita to celebrate all these momentous occasions . . .

1 comment:

Casey/Amie Stone said...

Aunt Dee,

I decided not to sit & whine about turning 30! Instead I went to Girlfriend's Wine Nite with a group of women I love! We had a blast!
P.S. Happy Mother's Day!!

Love,
Amie