Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sentimental Journey Crop at Scrapadilly


It's time for another fun-filled crop at Scrapadilly - this month our theme is Sentimental Journey, and we're traveling back to the 1940's with Drea's extra-fantastic challenges & even a jukebox in the sidebar so you can listen to the Big Band sound while you scrap. The crop just started today & runs through the end of the month, so there's plenty of time to complete the challenges - even with Thanksgiving thrown in next week.

I haven't had a chance myself to complete any layouts, but I thought I'd show you a few of the ones I've done over the past several months but haven't had a chance to post yet.  If you want to get a closer look so you can read the journaling or anything, just click on the image.  (Credits for each layout are posted in my Flick'r gallery - link on sidebar.)

First, here's one I did about John & Liz . . . and it's waaaaay overdue.  I never did get around to writing about the phenomenal trip we took with them in May to attend several events honoring John as a distinguished alum of Henderson University. Lots of photos got taken that weekend, but the one I used for my "bad photo" layout last month was probably my favorite. Mind you, I only call the photo "bad" because it wasn't in proper focus - IMHO, it's a wonderful picture of two of the people I love most in this world.

This one about Amanda (and her amazing smile) was done for a Chinese Whispers challenge (one person starts with a sketch, sends their layout - but not the original sketch - to the next person, who sends it to the next person, etc. It's pretty interesting to see at the end how the sketch has morphed after everyone is finished.)

I did this layout for Mary's birthday - way back in June, but never got it posted here on my blog.  Boy, have I missed a ton of birthdays this year . . . I know this isn't the first time I've apologized, but I swear I'll try to do better!

Finally, here are a few from last month's Scrapadilly crop . . . mostly they're about my visit to California, but the crop theme last month was all about disco music & the 70's, so I just had to do a layout using one of the infamous Muterspaugh Kid Pyramid Pictures . . . we were soooooo stylin' back then!




1 comment:

Casey/Amie Stone said...

These layouts are great!! I always love looking at the latest, they help keep me up on everything & everybody!