Thursday, November 18, 2010

All I Wanted Was A French Door


I know it's been forever since I've posted anything here - eventhough I said months ago that I'd be more regular about it.  But I just seem to manage to stay busy constantly, although I couldn't provide an alibi for most days if my life depended on it!

Mostly what's been taking up my (make that OUR) time & energy lately is that "little" remodeling project we undertook a while back.  It started out small . . . as I mentioned before, I've been wanting a French Door onto the patio ever since we moved into this house nearly 11 years ago, and Dave finally relented.  But, Scope Creep (changes to a project after it has started, causing it to expand from its original purpose, timeline, and BUDGET) overtook us & the project now involves an entire kitchen remodel, replacement of all the tile in roughly half of our house, and an overhaul of our guest bathroom . . . sometimes WE amaze even me!

Anyway, the train had already pulled out of the station before I thought to take "Before" pics, but here's one from a couple of years ago that shows the kitchen pretty much as it used to look:


And here are some "Work In Progress" pictures . . .
Fridge in family room - classy, eh?  (It's now in the living room!)

Kitchen as of last night - tile (and EVERYTHING else) removed.

Family room as of this morning.


Front hallway looking into family room - tonight.

Anyway, I'll undoubtedly be posting plenty more about this mammoth project we've undertaken, but meanwhile - for any of you who has ever wondered if we are totally insane, this should dispel any doubts.  By the way, if you think these rooms look bad, you should see the ones where we crammed everything to clear the demolition areas. I absolutely only wanted a French Door.














1 comment:

MilliD said...

O.M.G. I honestly don't know how you've kept your sanity! Can't wait to see the finished product!!