Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy Festivus & Other Celebrations!


I just know I'm not alone in waiting all year for this very special holiday - I hope you ALL have a wonderful Festivus :-)

Meanwhile, I need to shout out some belated birthday greetings to this "little" guy (slightly older & a bit larger now, since this pic was taken in 1992).   Happy Birthday two days late, Josh!!

Also, 38 years ago today, Dave was commissioned into the Army . . . I can't even imagine how different our lives would have been had that not happened. Despite a few lows (very few), we had an amazing & wonderful twenty years in the military - we met so many lifelong friends and got to travel to places we'd never have gone otherwise. Thanks for giving us those experiences, Dave - and happy anniversary!

Last but not least, today is also the birthday of an extremely special person in our lives.  John Lynn is many things to many people, but besides being my terrific brother-in-law, I consider him to be the very best:

~ Music Man
~ Margarita Man
~ Move It, Make It, or Modify It (no matter how big or how ridiculous the request) Man
~ Mind Your Own Business and Don't Ask Jann & Dee What They're Up To Now Man
~ My Sweet Sister's Main Man

This is a photo of him from October being the Marek-Taming Papa John Man.

Mostly today, though, he's the Birthday Man.  Hope your day is even half as wonderful as you are, John.

YOU DA MAN!!

No comments: