Monday, December 13, 2010

A Quick Little Visit . . .


Man, the days are just flying by . . . I can't believe Christmas is almost here!  Due to the "current state of our home" Dave & I aren't doing much in the way of decorating or anything - but there are certain traditions that just CAN'T be ignored . . . one of which is delivering goodies to all those precious angels in Wichita Falls . . . and I got a chance to do just that this past weekend!
Not only did I get to spend (a little, but not enough) time with them, but I also got to watch young Emily Jane & her seriously good basketball team play their season opener :-)  Any visit to WF always has the added bonus of getting to see not only Joe & his whole crew, but also John & Liz - so that made the trip even better.  And eventhough it was a whirlwind trip & I contemplated pulling over at Catfish O'Harlie's (yes, that's really the name of the place) on the way home because I was so sleepy, I am sooooo glad I live close enough to do this at least occasionally.  It would only be better if I got to make personal deliveries to Marek, Emma, and Colette as well . . . but last time I checked, you just can't have EVERYTHING!!

Oops, I almost forgot . . . besides all the other wonderful things that happened on my trip, the kids surprised me with a birthday present - an adorable pink polka dotted coffee mug with a flamingo spoon rest. Not to mention, a card signed by each one of them. Hey, you may not be able to have everything - but I sure as heck have most of it!!!

No comments: