Friday, December 31, 2010

To Finish Out 2010 . . . (Updated)






I thought I'd leave you with a little smile . . .

A couple of weeks back (December 18th to be precise), I reminded a few of my friends that it was "Wear A Plunger On Your Head Day" (to be fair, I did caution them to use a clean, preferably new one & not the icky thing sitting next to the toilet). Anyhoo . . . "somebody" assured me that when I took a picture of myself with a plunger on my head that she would, too.  It's not the greatest photo of me, but how good can a person look wearing a hat like this?  Oh, K-A-R-E-N - it's your turn . . .

UPDATE: Nobody better ever try to tell me that I don't have THE best friends!  Eventhough she had to make a special trip to the hardware store on the last day of the year, lookie-look what I have . . .   If it isn't my dear cyber-friend, Karen, wearing a hat just like mine :-)  I love you, Karen!
And just in case nobody wants to miss out on any more of these oft-neglected holidays, here are a few January dates that I plan to celebrate & you might want to slap into your calendars:


1st - National Bloody Mary Day (I may start this one early)

5th - National Whipped Cream Day

9th - National Static Electricity Day

11th - National Step in a Puddle & Splash Your Friend Day

18th - National Winnie the Pooh Day

21st - Squirrel Appreciation Day (guess this one's international!)

23rd - Measure Your Feet Day (another international one apparently)

27th - I'm TOTALLY pumped about this one.  It's not only National Chocolate Cake Day but Thomas Crapper Day as well.  I guess if you celebrate the first one too much you might end up celebrating the second one whether you planned to or not.  You might even need to use your "hat" to clean up!

Anyway, regardless of what holidays you plan to celebrate in 2011, I truly hope it's an AWESOME year for you!!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Great, thank Dee. Now I have to go to the hardware store. Not doing that with the ones around here, they've been used.

Karen said...

We are such fashion trend setters.

Love you too Dee and hope you have a blessed New Year

Nancywithajones said...

hahahaha and Im sorry about the squirrel appreciation day but around here it is appreciated in a different way.. they EAT everything all our plants and even the roofing on our house. OUR CATS on the other hand appreciate them for their flavor... we dont have much squirrel issues. They arent the cutey chipmonk squirrels you see up north they are the rats with a little hair that are gross down here in the south.. ya.. nice huh?

Drea said...

Good Lord, I can't leave the board for 5 seconds and it goes down the toilet! (IF it gets stopped up I know who to call for a plnger!!)

You gals CRACK ME UP!!