Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I've Been A Bad Girl!


I haven't posted a single thing in well over a week, and I promised myself I'd do at least one post every week.  Oh well - that's what I get for making promises I can't keep, eh?!  Anyway, maybe one reason is that I don't have much to say - sometimes I get inspired to talk (yeah, that's a surprise to everyone, isn't it?) . . . but sometimes I don't.  And lately, I just haven't been very chatty.  I have been doing a little scrapping, though - between the crop challenges at Scrapadilly and the monthly portfolio challenges at Sweet Shoppe, I've done quite a few layouts - over a third as many this year already as I did in all of 2010!

Yeah, I know a lot of you think "she needs something constructive to do" . . . well, I've been doing constructive sorta stuff, too.  Yep, Dave & I are still working away on our eternal kitchen renovation, and I've been doing a little here & there toward that end. Don't really have any pictures to post that would show our progress on that front, but we ARE actually making some :-)  Hopefully before too long, I'll be able to post something to prove it!!

Meanwhile, here are a few projects I've done lately.  As usual, full credits are listed in my Flickr gallery & you can click on the pics to go there if you'd like - but if you're someone looking to know where to buy any of this, at least 90% of my product comes from Sweet Shoppe Designs.  In fact, this little coupon book I made for Dave for Valentine's was featured on Libby Pritchett's blog last week - and the Haute Baby layout I posted on Emma's birthday was showcased a couple of weeks ago on the Sweet Shoppe blog.  So, even if some of you think I'm wasting my time, not everybody does - lol!!

This is a quilt-style layout I did about Bill & Lara's latest acquisition . . . a stray (but of course!) puppy one of the ladies at school found during a snowstorm.  Yeah, they needed another animal like they needed a hole in the head - but he is sooooooo precious & he's not going anywhere if I have anything to say about it!!

Here's one I've been going to do for a while - pictures from Joseph & Jennifer & the boys' trip to Disney World last year.

Another older picture - one of little Miss Nattie during one of last year's snowstorms.  This is for the Life's Little Lessons series at Sweet Shoppe.

Now, if you REALLY want to talk old pictures, here's another layout for my Book of Me.  As my older siblings will recall - I was several years old before I could even touch my fingers over my big ol' noggin. Amanda refers to photos from this stage of my life as my "basketball head" pictures.

Well, that's it, I'm afraid.  Sorry it couldn't be anything more exciting - but I truthfully kind of like the old routine, if you know what I mean.  The older I get, the more it seems like "exciting" all too often means "bad" - so I'll stick with my dull ol' life, thank you very much!!

No comments: