Thursday, January 13, 2011

Odds & Ends


I totally don't have time right now to be doing a blog post.  While I was at least "semi" productive this morning, this afternoon serves as a perfect example of why I need to be more focused on being focused.

It started out with my needing to have a little "chat" with some of the neighbor kids.  First, let me say that in this everyone-being-too-afraid-to-even-let-their-children-out-of-their-sight-for-a-moment world in which we live, I am DELIGHTED that there are still children who play outdoors.  What I don't understand is why they insist in playing in my yard instead of their own.  I'll admit that I'm a bad mom & should have trained Riley and Belle not to go ballistic every time a butterflies passes down the street.  And I absolutely do NOT want to be "that old grouchy lady down the street" we've all known and hated.  But these boys KNOW that they get the dogs riled up when they play in my front yard, and I have asked them repeatedly not to do it.  The oldest of the group is seriously dumber than a box of rocks . . . when I asked them yet again why they weren't playing football in their own yard, he proceeded to tell me that he lived really far away.  After I asked why he was in this neighborhood if he lived so far away & he stared at me blankly for several seconds,  I reminded him that I know exactly where he lives . . . and two houses away from me isn't exactly "really far away" in my book.  I've always tried to talk to them as nicely as possible in the past, but today I laid down the law.  Next time it happens, I promised to let the dogs out to see how much fun it might be to make them bark without a locked door keeping them inside.  Then I'll call the police.  I guess I AM the old grouchy lady down the street after all.

On a lighter note, but even more distracting for me, people keep bombarding me with stuff to check out, and I.CAN.NOT.RESIST!  Most of what I've been "researching" today is scrapbook-related and wouldn't be of any interest whatsoever to the majority of you.  But in the spirit of sharing, I decided I ought to pass along a couple of links you might enjoy.

27 Possible Names for Fake Meat Products .  Written by Amanda's friend (and mine), Darci Ratliff.

Forever Lazy Commercial.  I'm soooooo putting this on my Wish List for when it's available in leopard.

Alot Is Better Than You At Everything.  This site's new to me, but I'm afraid I'll probably go back.  Hopefully, she'll never discover my blog & my using-really-long-hyphenated-phrases-to-describe-things penchant, or she may be posting about ME one of these days!

No comments: