Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm Thinking About Hiring a Wife


Yeah, I know I've already posted twice today - but the blog thing is still something of a novelty to me (that won't last, I'm sure) PLUS I really felt the urge to share this . . . lest any of you has doubts about how flaky I'm getting.

So . . . I decided yesterday that some tuna salad sounded really good and put some eggs on to boil.  Then I let the dogs out, started a load of laundry, and got busy doing various & sundry things.  Some time (quite a bit apparently) later, I heard a sound like something had fallen in the other room - but I assumed it was Belle pounding on the door to be let in and hollered that I'd be there in a minute.  Just seconds later, I heard another noise . . . and then I smelled it!  You guessed it . . . I not only burned those suckers - but 3 of them exploded all over my kitchen!!  It's amazing how gi-normous a mess 3 little eggs can make . . . although I must say that Riley & Belle quite enjoyed it. Unfortunately, they wasted no time eating all the parts that were on the floor - so I didn't have a chance to take pictures.

However . . . I did manage to get a picture of the ones I burned TODAY!  Yep, you heard me right . . . Little Susie Homemaker has burned up a dozen eggs in barely 24 hours!  At least they didn't explode all over the place today - when I heard that first pop, I knew EXACTLY what it was.  So, the dogs didn't get an extra treat like yesterday (if you count burned egg fragments as a treat) - but I don't have nearly as big a mess to clean up either.

Meanwhile, I still don't have what I need to make tuna salad.  In 10 days, I will have been married for 40 years . . . I've boiled quite a few eggs in that time without any problems whatsoever.  I guess I've lost that talent, though - I just hope the ability to boil water doesn't go next . . . maybe it's time to hire myself a wife!

6 comments:

Drea said...

Girl...........lay off the booze!!

Luv ya!!

tx-nana-scraps said...

Too funny for us to see, but not funny for you to clean up and get rid of the smell. Better luck next time.
Sandy

davelbs said...

You know I told you NOT to play with the stove while I am at work! I think maybe I need to hire a wife!! (Insert one of your fancy "blinkies" here to give this comment that scrapadilly feel.) :-) Hope this low-tech smiley face doesn't upset anybody!!

amandalbs said...

oh goodness. really two days in a row?

BonBon said...

LOL!!! MY long lost twin- I just knew it!!! I just love this story!!

Casey/Amie Stone said...

Aunt Dee,

Sorry, but that is too funny! What was the story about the turkey, that we heard about as kids!?!

Love,
Amie