Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Where Am I & What Do I Need?


I first uttered those words many years ago when we were playing a game at John & Liz's and I found myself without any idea whatsoever as to what I was supposed to do next. Over time, it's morphed into a pretty common phrase at my house, as I seem to be increasingly less capable of keeping myself on track. But I apparently don't ask the question often enough, because I really dropped the ball yesterday . . .

I'm pretty sure I knew where I was all day since I didn't leave the house, but I obviously didn't remember something I needed to DO.

I missed a birthday - a very IMPORTANT birthday! We are talking a SERIOUSLY important birthday . . . and I hope you'll forgive me, John!! To help make up for it, I'm posting this cute little picture of you when you were a mere lad.  All it had on the back when I borrowed it from Jeane was "Johnny Boy," so I can't tell you exactly when it was taken (I'm guessing age 6). I'll just bet you can remember every single detail about when & why it was taken, and I'm hoping that when I get to be 82 maybe my memory will have improved enough to do fancy tricks like that :-)

Meanwhile, it seems that "no longer able to boil eggs" has a new companion. I just may have to start a list so I can keep track of all the things I can't do any more . . . yeah, that's what I'll do - I'll start a list. Now, if only I can remember to do that.

Oh yeah - I almost forgot . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!!

No comments: